It’s time for our Grand Opening and expansion news!
At the Plastic Surgery Center, we have a passion for excellence and a dedication to patient care.
Our mission is to provide you with not only the highest quality of care but the highest standard of safety and technical expertise.
Because of this, we have expanded our surgery center, operating rooms, and treatment rooms so we can serve you. We are excited to announce the grand opening of our newly expanded, Ambulatory Surgery Center at our east location!
Our surgery center is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), a symbol of quality, and the State of Kansas. It’s a highly specialized surgery center that provides you with a private and individualized experience.
With the completion of our construction project, Plastic Surgery Center Ambulatory Surgery Center hopes to also achieve AAAHC Deemed Status Accreditation which further broadens the patients we can serve at our facility. This accreditation level should be completed in early 2023.
This expansion is a long-time dream of one of our plastic surgeons, Dr. Amy Sprole, and allows us to increase our focus on patient-centered, safe, quality care in a newly renovated and expanded space.
The Plastic Surgery Center offers a wide range of surgical procedures, from cosmetic surgery to reconstructive surgery of the face, breast, and body.
The Patient Benefits are Many
All our surgeries can now be completed at our Ambulatory Surgery Center. The benefits of this to our patients are many:
- Our staff is highly trained in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Our patient to nurse ratio is 1:1. This allows us to meet the needs of each patient differently than hospital staff can.
- There’s a lower risk of infection because our Surgery Center staff has a more focused healthcare approach.
- Patients will notice our staff is fresh and ready each day and won’t notice any overworked staff.
- Our facility controls the scheduling to prevent overbooking of procedures.
- There is less of a wait time when planning for cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. Patients don’t have to wait on scheduling at another hospital.
- Patient costs are lower when using our Ambulatory Surgery Center. As hospital visit costs and insurance costs continue to rise, Ambulatory Surgery Center are typically more cost-effective.
Prior to the expansion, we had a 2655-square-foot Ambulatory Surgery Center. We have now added 2770 more square feet! In addition, you’ll notice the following:
- An additional operating room.
- A new preoperative and postoperative area.
- New surgery waiting room is dedicated to our reconstructive and cosmetic surgery patients only.
- A large and improved instrument processing room.
- New endoscope reprocessing room.
- A new treatment room in our clinic area for our vein services and Hair by Robotics teams.
What’s more, by expanding our Ambulatory Surgery Center, we can now serve all patients with government-funded insurance plans. Prior to this, patients such as our Medicare, Medicaid, and Tri-Care patients had to have their surgeries at another hospital.
They can now have their surgeries in a private, safe, and comfortable environment at the Plastic Surgery Center.
Sarah Whitten, RN, BSN, our Operating Room Supervisor, says, “We are a highly specialized plastic and reconstructive surgery center. Our physicians and our nurses are exceptionally skilled and trained. It’s a blessing to now have all our patients here where we can take care of them and give them the best care possible. We offer a one-to-one nurse to patient ratio that you just can’t get in a hospital. We love taking care of our patients, and at our newly expanded Ambulatory Surgery Center, we know they will get great quality care.”
What Sets the Plastic Surgery Center Apart
With this expansion, we can control the scheduling as well as the quality of care of our patients. Everything is right here. It’s a unique thing in the Wichita area. We aren’t just a cosmetic surgery practice. We do a wide variety of medically necessary procedures such as breast reconstruction, skin cancer, trauma surgery, and more.
Finally, the Plastic Surgery Center encompasses the full spectrum of care for its patients. Our offerings include:
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery on site with three board certified/board eligible plastic surgeons.
- Skin Care at PSC Aesthetics including injectables, laser, chemical peels, CoolSculpting, and more.
- Treatments at PSC Wellness and Weight Loss including weight loss surgery, infusions, and more.
- Vein treatments at PSC Vein Care to treat your varicose veins and spider veins.
The breadth of our offerings is large and varied, and we encourage you to schedule a consultation by calling 316.688.7500 to learn how we can help you meet your goals and your needs!
You deserve expert guidance and exceptional results. Plastic surgery involves many choices. The most important is selecting a surgeon you can trust. Expect exceptional results when you have your plastic surgery performed by the highly skilled plastic surgeons at the Plastic Surgery Center.